|Superintendent & Coordinator of a State-Operated School||BAT-380/00001|
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Education Policy is seeking applicants to fill the Superintendent & Coordinator of a State-Operated School (Superintendent) position at the New York State School for the Blind (NYSSB). The NYSSB is a State-operated school that serves both day and residential students with disabilities, ranging from ages five to 21 years old. The incumbent of this position will need to be an experienced and dynamic educator with a demonstrated record of success in working with children with disabilities. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee, direct, and manage the five-day residential program, instructional programs, and operations of the NYSSB;
- Achieve and maintain compliance with appropriate State and federal laws and regulations, and the State Education Department policies, both fiscal and programmatic;
- Assume a leadership role in developing and implementing standards-based curriculum and assessment;
- Lead positive program changes in order to improve student achievement and successful secondary transition outcomes; and
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment for all students and staff.
|$109,956 - $138,763* *Depending on experience|